MAYOR'S STUDENT AMBASSADOR PROGRAM
Designed to develop and strengthen your personal and professional skills, the Mayor’s Student Ambassador Program gives you the opportunity to engage with the local community and make a difference to the City of Gold Coast through unique student experiences.
This once in a lifetime opportunity offers you the chance to:
- Represent the student community within Gold Coast City
- Step out of your comfort zone and challenge yourself
- Participate in behind-the-scenes and VIP experiences across the city
- Participate in professional development workshops
- Participate in media training, as well as improving your written, digital and oral communication skills
- Build professional networks while engaging with media, industry, government representatives, international delegations and the local community
- Form lifelong friendships with other Gold Coast students from all over the world
- Share your experience with the world!
What we’re looking for:
- Students who are passionate about living and studying on the Gold Coast
- You’re prepared to take on a challenging experience that will push you to develop personally and professionally
- You want to play your part in making a difference to the Gold Coast community
- You’re eager to learn and participate in workshops that will equip you with the skills you need to share your student story with the world through blogs and social media
- You don’t have to be a videographer - we’re looking for students of all levels from any discipline! In saying that, if you consider yourself a Hollywood Producer in the making, show us what you’ve got!
- Have some fun with it and be yourself
- iMovie and Adobe Clip are useful video editing apps or you could simply compile some Instagram stories
- Have you thought about making a video out of a slideshow of images?
Please note: There are questions and a video submission required - you cannot save the form so please review the questions and have them ready to answer when you begin your application.
Core eligibility criteria
You must be a full-time student at a Study Gold Coast member institution and be living on the Gold Coast between February and December 2020. If you’re an international student you must hold a valid student visa for the entirety of the program duration. Applications close on Monday, 27 January 2020.
Applications are open now!