MAYOR'S STUDENT AMBASSADOR PROGRAM
Designed to develop and strengthen your personal and professional skills, the Mayor’s Student Ambassador Program gives you the opportunity to engage with the local community and make your difference to the City of Gold Coast.
This once in a lifetime opportunity offers you the chance to:
- Represent the student community within Gold Coast City
- Step out of your comfort zone and challenge yourself
- Participate in behind-the-scenes and VIP experiences across the city
- Manage an allocated budget and other business resources to create and facilitate student led programs and events across the city
- Participate in professional development workshops
- Participate in media training and upskill your written, digital and oral communication skills
- Build professional networks while engaging with media, industry, government representatives, international delegations and the local community
- Form lifelong friendships with other Gold Coast students from all over the world
- Share your experience with the world!
What we’re looking for:
- Students that are passionate about living and studying on the Gold Coast
- You’re prepared to take on a challenging experience that will push you to develop personally and professionally
- You want to play your part in making a difference to the Gold Coast community
- You’re eager to learn and participate in workshops that will equip you with the skills you need to share your student story with the world through blogs and social media
- You don’t have to be a videographer - we’re looking for students of all levels from any discipline! In saying that, if you consider yourself a Hollywood Producer in the making, show us what you’ve got!
- Have some fun with it and be yourself!
- iMovie and Adobe Clip are useful video editing apps or you could simply compile some Instagram stories
- Have you thought about making a video out of a slideshow of images?
Eligibility Criteria: You must be a full-time student at a Study Gold Coast member institution and be living on the Gold Coast between February and December. If you’re an international student you must hold a valid student visa for the entirety of the program duration.
Please note: There are questions and a video submission required, you cannot save the form so please review the questions and have them ready to answer when you begin your application.
Core eligibility criteria
You must be a full-time student at a Study Gold Coast member institution and be living on the Gold Coast between February and December 2020. If you’re an international student you must hold a valid student visa for the entirety of the program duration.
Applications are opening soon!