Student Accommodation on the Gold Coast
We know the importance of finding safe, clean and affordable accommodation to support the success of your studies. This page provides an overview of the different kinds of accommodation available on the Gold Coast including links to special offers for short term accommodation, and links to longer term providers. We hope that the information helps you to find your home away from home.
Types of Student Accommodation
STUDENTS LOOKING FOR HOMESTAY
Staying with a local family can be a great option for new students to the Gold Coast. You can choose to stay for just a few weeks or longer and it gives you a safe landing pad as you get to know the city and settle into the community. Many homestays also include meal options and free internet.
FAMILIES HOSTING STUDENTS FOR HOMESTAY
Are you interested in becoming a homestay family or renting a room in your home? Please contact the providers below to find out about current opportunities.
Other Student Accommodation Facilities
- Metro on Central located in Labrador offers three-bedroom units, each with their own private ensuite
- Nexus Place located in Ashmore offers three-bedroom units, each with their private own ensuite
- University Village located in Parkwood offers three-bedroom units, each with their own private ensuite
- University Square located in Parkwood offers a two-bedroom/one-bathroom unit option, a two-bedroom/two-bathroom unit option, and three-bedroom/three-bathroom unit option
- Varsity Towers located in Robina offers studio apartments, a one-bedroom unit option, a two-bedroom/two-bathroom unit option, and a three-bedroom/two-bathroom unit option
- Smith Collective located in Southport offers a one-bedroom unit option, a two-bedroom/two-bathroom unit option, and a three-bedroom/three-bathroom townhouse option
- 2Stay located in Surfers Paradise, Southport and other various locations across the East coast, both shared and individual room options. (*conditions apply for an eligible application, check with the 2SStay team or your education institution)
Special Hotel Deals for Short Stay
- Vibe Hotel located in Surfers Paradise offering $120 per night for a triple share room with a weekly clean ($40 per person)
- More properties/deals will be added to this section as they become available
Know Your Tenancy Rights
- Residential Tenancies Authority Queensland can help understand your rights based on Australian law.
- Study Australia provides a comprehensive explanation of your tenancy rights including tips for international students.
- Queensland State Tenant Advice and Referral Service offers free independent advice and a referral service for all Queensland renters.
Gold Coast Students Facebook Group
We have a wonderful community of current and prospective students that connect via the Gold Coast Students Facebook group. If you have any further questions about accommodation on the Gold Coast, you might like to join the conversation within that group.