Privacy Collection Statement
Gold Coast Education and Training Network Inc. A.B.N. 35 036 042 606 (“we”, “us”, “our” or “Study Gold Coast”) recognises and values the protection of your personal information. We are aware of our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and we will ensure that we fulfil our obligations under that Act.
We also recognise that you may have concerns about our collection of your personal information via our website, which is located at www.studygoldcoast.org.au (“the Website”) and how we may use that information.
Information we collect from you
From time to time, we may ask you to supply personal information such as your name, address, date of birth, telephone number or e-mail address. However, under no circumstances will we request or collect any information from you that may disclose your:
- political, religious or philosophical beliefs or affiliations;
- health and sexuality;
- racial or ethnic origin; or
- criminal convictions.
We may also conduct surveys or market research and may seek other information from you on a periodic basis. These surveys will provide us with information that allows improvement in the types and quality of services offered to you, and the manner in which those services are offered to you.
Personal information via the Website
Most commercial websites use ‘cookies’, which are pieces of information that websites send to the browser and are stored in the computer hard-drive. Cookies make using the Website easier by storing information about your preferences on the Website. This allows the Website to be tailored to you for any of your return visits. Cookies will not identify you personally.
If you would prefer not to receive cookies, you can alter your security settings on your web browser to disable cookies or to warn you when cookies are being used. However, by disabling the cookie function in your web browser you may impede your ability to use parts of the Website.
Your option not to provide your personal information
We may from time to time run competitions, surveys or offer additional benefits to you and we may ask you to provide us with your personal details for these purposes. Providing us with this information is absolutely optional to you. However if you do not provide your personal information to us we may not be able to contact you or give you access to the additional benefits.
You may opt out of these additional communications at any time and can do so by emailing us.
Use and disclosure of your personal information
Your personal information, including your e-mail address, will be used for the following primary purposes:
- to ensure the proper functioning of the Website; and
- to assist Study Gold Coast with our marketing, planning, product development and research requirements.
We will not use or disclose (or permit the use or disclosure of) personal information that could be used to identify an individual member in any circumstances except:
- to communicate new initiatives, products, services, promotional offers and special events to you;
- to avoid risks to health and safety of an individual or society at large;
- where the law requires us, or authorises us to do so; or
- where you have given express consent to us for a prescribed purpose.
We will not sell, distribute, rent, licence, disclose, share or pass your personal information onto any third parties, other than those who are contracted to us to keep the information confidential whether subject to a statute or a scheme which imposes similar restrictions to the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) regarding the handling of personal information.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that all information collected from you is accurate, up to date, complete and stored in a secure environment and accessed only by our authorised personnel.
Please note that no information transmitted over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. However, we will endeavour to protect your personal information as best as possible but we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us, or receive from us. The transmission and exchange of information is carried out at your own risk.
Unsubscribing from our e-mail database
To unsubscribe from our e-mail database, please send an e-mail to [email protected] with “UNSUBSCRIBE” typed into the subject line of the e-mail.
Accessing, correcting and updating your information
You have the right to access the information that you provide to us.
If you wish to access or modify any personal information that you have provided to us, please contact our Privacy Officer at [email protected].
Welcome to the Study Gold Coast website (“the Website”) which is operated by Gold Coast Education and Training Network Inc. A.B.N. 35 036 042 606 (“we”, “us”, “our”, or “Study Gold Coast”).
We cannot be responsible for any delays or interruptions to the Website. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to minimise delays and interruptions. However, we cannot warrant that the Website will be available at all times or at any given time.
We may at any time and without notice to you, discontinue the Website in whole or in part. However, we cannot be responsible for any loss, cost, damage or liability that may result from our discontinuance of the Website.
In relation to the Website, you must not:
- use the Website for any activities or post or transmit via the Website, any information or materials which breach any laws or regulations, infringe a third party’s rights, or are contrary to any relevant standard or codes;
- use the Website to send unsolicited email messages;
- in any way tamper with, hinder or modify the Website;
- knowingly transmit any viruses or other disabling features to the Website or via the Website; or
- attempt any of the above acts or facilitate or assist another person to do any of the above acts
- any act that would constitute a breach of either the privacy (including uploading private or personal information without an individual's consent, or marketing products or services to an applicant whose personal information you have obtained through our website) or any other of the legal rights of individuals;
- use the Website to post or transmit any unlawful, obscene, defamatory, false or misleading material, using offensive language, harassing, threatening or offending any person, or preventing any other user from using or enjoying the website in any way;
- falsely stating or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with us or our website; or
- engaging in any other conduct that we consider (in our absolute discretion) breaches these terms or is otherwise inappropriate for the website.
If we allow you to post any information to our website, we have the right to take down this information at our sole discretion and without notice.
For certain campaigns, promotions or contests, additional terms and conditions may apply. If you want to participate in such a campaign, promotion or contest, you need to agree to the relevant terms and conditions applicable to that campaign, promotion or contest. In case of any inconsistency between such terms and conditions and these terms, those terms and conditions will prevail.
Unless otherwise indicated, we own or license from third parties all rights, title and interest (including copyright, designs, patents, trademarks and other intellectual property rights) in this website and in all of the material (including all text, graphics, logos, audio and software) made available on it (Content).
Your use of this website and use of and access to any Content does not grant or transfer any rights, title or interest to you in relation to this website or the Content. However we do grant you a licence to access the website and view the Content subject to these terms and, where applicable, as expressly authorised by us and/or our third party licensors.
Any reproduction or redistribution of this website or the Content is prohibited and may result in civil and criminal penalties. You must not copy the Content to any other server or location, or engage in any other use, copying or reproduction of the website, the Content or any part of it.
Third party links
The Website may contain hyperlinks and other pointers to websites operated by third parties (“Linked Websites”). We do not control Linked Websites and are therefore not responsible for the content of any Linked Website or any hyperlink contained in a Linked Website. We provide the hyperlinks for your convenience only and do not indicate, expressly or implicitly, any endorsement, sponsorship or approval by us of a Linked Website or the products or services offered at Linked Websites. You visit Linked Websites entirely at your own risk.
We do not provide any warranty or take any responsibility for any aspect of Linked Websites or their content. You should make your own investigations with respect to the suitability of goods and/or services offered to you via a Linked Website.
If you wish to make any use of content on our website other than that set out above, please contact us using the details below.
By using the Website, you agree to indemnify us from and against all actions, claims, suits, demands, damages, liabilities, costs or expenses (whether in tort or in contract including and without limitation, negligence) arising out of or in any way connected to the use of the Website by you.
Some legislation such as the Australian Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) and other similar consumer protection laws and regulations in other countries may confer you with rights and remedies relating to the provision of goods or services to you by us via the Website which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified (your “Statutory Rights”). We exclude all conditions and warranties implied by custom, law or statute except for your Statutory Rights.
Except for your Statutory Rights and with respect to the Website:
- all material on the Website is provided to you without warranties of any kind, either express or implied;
- we expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind including but not limited to warranties of acceptable quality and fitness for a particular purpose;
- we do not warrant that the functions contained in any material on the Website or your access to the Website will be uninterrupted or error free, that any defects will be corrected or that the Website or the server which stores and transmits material to you are free of viruses or any other harmful components; and
- we do not warrant or make any representation regarding your access to, or the results of your access to, the Website including its correctness, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, reliability or otherwise.
To the extent permitted by law, including but not limited to any act or omission on our part, we will not be liable for any loss, damage, costs or expense whether direct, indirect, incidental, special and/or consequential, including loss of profits, suffered by you or claims made against you which result from any use or access of, or any inability to use or access, the Website.
You acknowledge that no information transmitted over the internet can be guaranteed to be secure. We are not liable to you or anyone else if interference with or damage to your computer systems occurs in connection with the use of this website or a linked website. You must take your own precautions to ensure that whatever you select for your use from our website is free of viruses or anything else (such as worms or Trojan horses) that may interfere with or damage the operations of your computer system or device.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, including the Australian Consumer Law, in no event shall we be liable for any direct and indirect loss, damage or expense – irrespective of the manner in which it occurs –which may be suffered due to your use of our website and/or the information or materials contained on it, or as a result of the inaccessibility of this website and/or the fact that certain information or materials contained on it are incorrect, incomplete or not up-to-date.
Changes to these Terms
We do not make any claims that the information is appropriate or may be downloaded in all areas, countries or jurisdictions. Access to the information contained in the Website may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Website, you do so at your own risk and you are responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction.
Effective: 28 May 2021