Job Demand: High
Average weekly wage: $0 - $1,000,000
Where you could work:
- Co-Working Spaces: CoSpaces, Exchange,
- Innovation Centres: Gold Coast Innovation Hub
- Market Stalls: The Village Markets, Night Quarter
Entrepreneur / Start-Ups do the following tasks:
- An entrepreneur refers to a person who has an innovative business idea, who is willing to take the risk of implementing the idea, and who also takes on the role as leader of the company or organisation - assuming full responsibility for its execution, success, or failure. A modern interpretation may associate being an entrepreneur with innovative and creative ideas for online use, and with someone who can use the power of the internet to fill a niche.
- There are various types of entrepreneurs:
A business entrepreneur is someone who has an idea or product for the business world. It is usually a new or different idea, something that has not been seen before, or something that provides a new twist or improvement for an existing sector.
A social entrepreneur is someone who has innovative ideas for social change, or new solutions to social problems and dedicates their time to bring these ideas to fruition. This might include issues of inequality or poverty; an example would be to create a new charity to address these issues.
A serial entrepreneur refers to someone who has a lot of ideas and constantly starts up new companies or enterprises to implement these ideas. Generally, a serial entrepreneur will have had good success or successes with previous ventures, allowing him/her to start up new ventures.
A lifestyle entrepreneur refers to someone who starts up their idea or venture based on a sport, hobby or pastime they are passionate about. For this type of venture, usually large start-up costs are required. Often people who have been successful in the business world and have some of their own money to invest might make this transition.