Job Demand: High
Average weekly wage: $1,441
Where you could work:
- Gyms, Fitness Centres: Southport Sharks, Gold Coast Aquatic Centre, Fitness First
Fitness and Wellness Coordinators do the following tasks:
- Manage or oversee fitness or recreation facilities, ensuring safe and clean facilities and equipment.
- Provide individual support or counselling in general wellness or nutrition.
- Supervise fitness or wellness specialists, such as fitness instructors, nutritionists, or health educators.
- consulting with various Health Professionals to develop and design fitness programs
- designing individual fitness programs based on an assessment of the client's age, level of fitness, goals and abilities
- delivering group exercise classes and personal tuition in a variety of fitness activities in a safe and creative manner
- demonstrating and teaching body movements and skills used in fitness routines
- setting up and monitoring fitness equipment and ensuring that equipment is safe, clean and in working condition
- teaching and advising on the use of fitness equipment