Job Demand: High
Average weekly wage:
Where you could work:
- City Councils: City of Gold Coast, Gold Coast Water
- Engineering Consultancy: SMEC, GanDen
Hydrologist / Water Resources Engineer do the following tasks:
- Prepare written and oral reports describing research results, using illustrations, maps, appendices, and other information.
- Design and conduct scientific hydrogeological investigations to ensure that accurate and appropriate information is available for use in water resource management decisions.
- Measure and graph phenomena such as lake levels, stream flows, and changes in water volumes.
- Conduct hydrologic and/or hydraulic analyses to collect data and assess sites.
- Write reports and correspondence, including tracking costs and schedules.
- Design, amend and update plans and drawings according to collected data.
- Facilitate project management and communication across team members.
- Model, design and map proposed and current sites and projects