Job Demand: Medium
Average weekly wage:
Where you could work:
Air Conditioning Service Technicians do the following tasks:
- Establishing job requirements from drawings and specifications, and laying out installation reference points.
- Drilling holes, installing mounting brackets and cutting, bending and threading piping.
- Installing and repairing components such as compressors, motors, condensers, evaporators, switches and gauges, and copper lines for steam, gas, refrigerant, compressed air, oil and chilled water
bolting, soldering, riveting, welding and brazing pipes to connect equipment, and checking alignment and accuracy of fit.
- Filling systems with gas or fluid to check for leaks test-operating refrigeration systems, checking mechanisms and making adjustments.
- Removing test gas and fluid using vacuum pumps, and filling with refrigerant.
- Checking and overhauling refrigeration systems, diagnosing faults and repairing and replacing defective components.
- Adjusting system controls and mechanisms and reassembling systems.
- Recording causes of malfunctioning and action taken.