Job Demand: High
Average weekly wage:
Where you could work:
- Patient care - Hospitals, nursing homes, in home care.
- Private practice or consulting
- Community & Public Health centres
- Food Industry
- Research & teaching
- Sports nutrition
Dieticians do the following tasks:
- Planning diets and menus, and instructing people on the requirements and importance of diet and on the planning and preparation of food.
- Collecting, organising and assessing data relating to health and nutritional status of individuals, groups and communities
interpreting and communicating scientific information and providing advice, education and professional opinion to individuals, groups and communities.
- Monitoring food intake and quality to provide nutritional care calculating nutritional values of food served.
- Planning, conducting and evaluating nutrition intervention programs and compiling educational material.
- Providing nutrition assessments, nutrition management, and nutrition education, research and training.
- Consulting with other Health Professionals and related workers to manage the dietary and nutritional needs of patients.