Job Demand: High
Average weekly wage:
Where you could work:
- Patient care - Hospitals, nursing homes, in home care.
- Private practice or consulting
- Community & Public Health centres
- Food Industry
- Research & teaching
- Sports nutrition
Dieticians do the following tasks:
- Planning diets and menus, and instructing people on the requirements and importance of diet and on the planning and preparation of food.
- Collecting, organising and assessing data relating to health and nutritional status of individuals, groups and communities
- Interpreting and communicating scientific information and providing advice, education and professional opinion to individuals, groups and communities.
- Monitoring food intake and quality to provide nutritional care calculating nutritional values of food served.
- Planning, conducting and evaluating nutrition intervention programs and compiling educational material.
- Providing nutrition assessments, nutrition management, and nutrition education, research and training.
- Consulting with other Health Professionals and related workers to manage the dietary and nutritional needs of patients.