FULL TIME INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
If you are a full-time international student studying in Australia for more than three months, you will automatically receive permission to work included with your Australian student visa.
According to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection, you cannot work until you have commenced your course in Australia.
Once your course has commenced you are permitted to work a maximum of 40 hours per fortnight when your course is in session, and unlimited hours when your course is not in session.
FINDING EMPLOYMENT - JOB SEARCH WEBSITES
- Gold Coast Student Jobs - www.goldcoaststudentjobs.com.au
- Seek – www.seek.com.au
- Indeed – www.indeed.com.au
- One shift – www.oneshift.com.au
- Neuvoo – www.neuvoo.com.au
- Hire-up – www.hireup.com.au (Support workers)
- Adzuna – www.adzuna.com.au
- CareerOne – www.careerone.com.au
- Gumtree - www.gumtree.com.au/jobs
- Jobactive – www.jobsearch.gov.au/
- Smart jobs – www.smartjobs.qld.gov.au
- Jobs Hub - www.dese.gov.au/covid-19/jobs-hub
The following sectors have vacancies which may require little to no reskilling:
- Cleaning and sanitation of buildings, public spaces and transport
- Food services and catering
- IT systems
- Health care and carer/community support roles
- Outreach for people who are isolated or who need supplies delivered to their homes
- Manufacturing roles including food manufacturing
- Logistics including warehousing, security services and driving roles
- Customer service and call centre roles
- Waste management
- Environmental management
- Outdoor work including regional infrastructure damaged by bushfires (e.g. walking trails)
- Agricultural, including fruit harvesting
Click here to see the current vacancies. (Jobs Hub)
Resume – 1-2 pages in length with the below information included:
- Name and Contact details
- Summary of Employment Skills and/or Competencies
- Current Employment details with Dates
- Previous Employment details with Dates
- Current and past Education
Internships give you the opportunity to enter the workforce and gain some powerful practical experience whilst earning your qualification at the same time.
Graduates who have had exposure to the workforce and real industry sectors during their studies are better prepared to enter the workforce through enhanced skills and experience.
These opportunities are usually unpaid but may be linked to your course of study for academic credit.
Visit our Open Opportunities page to view current positions available in local businesses.
3 year post-study work rights
There's never been a better time to study on the Gold Coast!
Now offering three year post-study work rights, the Gold Coast is an emerging global city with world-class education and training facilities, extensive student support programs and employability initiatives to generate greater career opportunities.
Temporary Graduate Visa (subclass 485) benefits:
- 3 year post-study work rights
- Access to additional regional visas
- Priority processing of visa applications
- Bonus points towards skilled migration to Australia