Job Demand: High
Average weekly wage:
Where you could work:
Most work in Automotive Services; Retail Trade, Transport, Postal and Warehousing.
Motor Mechanic & Marines do the following tasks:
- Detect and diagnose faults in engines and parts.
- Dismantle and remove engine assemblies, transmissions, steering mechanisms and other components, and checking parts.
- Repairing and replacing worn and defective parts and reassembling mechanical components, and referring to service manuals as needed.
- Perform scheduled maintenance services, such as oil changes, lubrications and engine tune-ups, to achieve smoother running of vehicles and ensure compliance with pollution regulations.
- Reassemble engines and parts after being repaired.
- Test and adjust mechanical parts after being repaired for proper performance diagnosing and testing parts with the assistance of computers.
- May inspect vehicles and issue roadworthiness certificates or detail work required to achieve roadworthiness.