Job Demand: High
Average weekly wage:
Where you could work:
Most work in Automotive Services; Retail Trade, Transport, Postal and Warehousing.
Motor Mechanic & Marines do the following tasks:
- Detect and diagnose faults in engines and parts.
- Dismantle and remove engine assemblies, transmissions, steering mechanisms and other components, and checking parts
repairing and replacing worn and defective parts and reassembling mechanical components, and referring to service manuals as needed.
- Perform scheduled maintenance services, such as oil changes, lubrications and engine tune-ups, to achieve smoother running of vehicles and ensure compliance with pollution regulations.
- Reassemble engines and parts after being repaired.
- Test and adjust mechanical parts after being repaired for proper performance diagnosing and testing parts with the assistance of computers.
- May inspect vehicles and issue roadworthiness certificates or detail work required to achieve roadworthiness.